Last week we met Jane from St. John Ambulance. She brought her friend Kura the bear who is a paramedic. They read us a story titled ‘000 Heroes’, and taught us what to do in an emergency.
In Banksia 2, we practised:
- trying on a paramedic’s uniform
- dialling 000 on our pretend mobile phones
- saying tricky words like ‘ambulance’, ‘paramedic’ and ‘emergency’.
The children in Banksia 1 also:
- learnt to identify dangers
- learnt how to tell if there is an emergency
- practised staying safe in an emergency
- practised checking to see if someone is unconscious.