Does your child:
- Have difficulties with balancing and lack muscular strength?
- Display high energy and inability to calm their body/thoughts?
- Struggle with social activities or participating in sport?
- Demonstrate worried thoughts?
- Take a long time to fall asleep at night?
It’s time for you and your child to become a ‘Yogi’ and discover what yoga is all about.
What does being a ‘Yogi’ involve?
Yoga has become a growing practice, which is used to assist children with a variety of fun and therapeutic exercises, poses and breathwork that aim to promote mindfulness and relaxation in a social group environment.
Why should you learn to be a ‘Yogi’?
Yoga teaches how the body and mind are connected and how we should be aware of ourselves. When children are engaged, focused and having fun while practicing yoga, they are in the present moment. This self-awareness of both body and mind helps children to be cautious in any situation. Yoga inspires children to be kind, patient, accepting, and emphatic with themselves and their peers.
Benefits of being a ‘Yogi’
- Builds core strength and body awareness
- Develops muscles and gross motor skills
- Improves balance and co-ordination
- Eases anxiety or worried thoughts
- Enables calm and relaxation feelings
- Improves self-regulation (ability recognise and control our emotions)
- Increases confidence and self-esteem
- Enhances concentration
- Improves quality of sleep
- Prepares the body and mind for learning
Cosmic kids – https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
Yoga with animals – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XCQfYsFa3Q
Learn yoga – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CITc2AxYnPY