The P&C held their Annual General Meeting on Wednesday 20th February where all positions became vacant and nominations were called for 2019 Office Bearers. The following people were elected to represent the Fremantle LDC P&C Association:
President: Kylie Marchese
Vice President: Bernadette Brown
Secretary: Amanda Nooyen
Treasurer: Astrid Mitchell
Fundraising Coordinators / Executive Committee Members: Trish Bishop and Michelle Livesey-Giles
Committee Members: Jenae Claessen, Caron Reid, Allana McKenzie, Hayley Hope and Darren Brown
Wendy presented the following 2018 Annual Report on behalf of 2018 P&C President, David Deetlefs:
|I am pleased to present the 2018 Annual report to 2019 AGM covering our achievements in the period, which proved to be a successful year for the P&C.
Some of our key achievements include:
* The introduction of the P&C meetings held across all three campuses.
* The P&C provided for all of the Teachers Wish List for the Early Childhood, Bull Creek Garden Project and Beeliar Home Readers, including majority of the Big Wish List for 16 iPads and 1 Digital Technology STEM kits.
* Hosting a very successful Halloween Disco and sausage sizzle, which was great turn out and good to see the children (and some teachers) enjoying the opportunity to dress-up and party!
* A campaign of Bunnings Sausage Sizzles, with approximately 1,600 sausages and 40kgs of onions and lots of participation from parents and teachers to hold the fort.
* Many very successful fundraisers (5 Cent Challenge, Movie, Lamingtons & Hotcross buns, Mince Pies etc,) and the all favourite raffles.
* The P&C also provided for the annual Year 3 Big Day out (organised by a very dedicated Caron Reid) which is always the highlight for the Year 3’s.
I would like to acknowledge the dedication and contribution of our P&C members, staff and parent volunteers that helped make 2018 a very successful year. I think that those involved can feel justifiably proud of what a relatively small group of active parents and staff have achieved this past year.
David Deetlefs – 2018 LDC P&C President
Future P&C meeting dates can be found here: http://fremantleldc.wa.edu.au/about/p-c-association/