26th March 2020
Dear Parents and caregivers,
Further to my update this morning in the newsletter, I am writing to you with further information that has just come through.
Today, the Government has announced all public schools in Western Australia will remain open until the end of term – Thursday, 9 April 2020. However, families are now strongly encouraged to keep their children at home if they have the capacity to do so.
What this means for our school is:
- From Monday, 30th March to Friday 3rd April all children who attend school will be taught as normal.
- The following week (6th April to 9th April) teachers and education assistants will prepare teaching programs for Term 2.
- During this time (6th April to 9th April), students who attend school will be supervised. No teaching will occur.
The Government recognises there will still be families who need to send their children to school to continue their learning during this period. These may include:
- Children of parents and carers who need their children to attend school to maintain employment.
- Children who live in families with aged relatives.
- Children where it is safer for them to be at school.
More information will follow. Again, I encourage you to sign up to SeeSaw if you haven’t already done so, as this will become a primary mode for learning.
We thank you for your support with these measures and hope that this crisis will be over soon. The teaching and learning for your children remains our top priority during this time.
Stay safe, take care and please stay in contact.