Welcome back to term 4!
Welcome back to term 4. I hope you all had a lovely school break. It was lovely to see the students return on Monday and share their holiday adventures. This term has had a very busy start with the Placement Committee meeting to go through the referrals for 2020. This process will be finalised over the next few weeks.
Parent Survey coming soon
Next week I will be sending out our 2019 Parent Survey. We have worked together with the School Board and staff to devise questions in order to get some quality feedback on our school processes, culture and programs. This feedback is essential to guide our future planning so we can continue to strive to be a school of excellence and best support our students and families. I encourage everyone to complete this survey when it is released. Thank you.
DLD Awareness Day
Friday 18th of October is a day aimed at raising awareness internationally for Developmental Language Disorder (DLD). Students, families, educators and speech pathologists all over the world will celebrate this day. As you know, DLD is a disorder that can often be hidden but can significantly impact students’ learning, socialisation and ability to take part in the community, and is a big part of the reason for our schools’ existence.
We are very excited to announce that in order to raise the profile of DLD in the broader community, the North East Metropolitan Language Development Centre (NEMLDC) is joining the international community of ambassadors for language development by ‘lighting up’ Perth landmarks, including Yagan Square, Optus Stadium, the Tonkin Hwy ‘Sky Ribbon’ and the Matagarup Bridge in purple and yellow, the international colours of DLD Awareness Day. These join international locations such as Niagara Falls for what is shaping up to be an important moment for raising awareness and understanding of Developmental Language Disorder.
Below, are some of the ways that you can get involved on social media to support the campaign!
WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS CAN I USE?
- Like us on Facebook @radld.page or www.facebook.com/radld.page
- Follow us on Twitter @RADLDcam or www.twitter.com/radldcam
- Subscribe to us on YouTube or www.youtube.com/RADLD
- Post your own views and tweet about your own experiences of DLD
USING TWITTER HASHTAGS AND @ – IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
- Use #devlangdis all year around to discuss DLD
- Use #DLDYouandMe to promote DLD Awareness Day and your activities
- Add to your tweets @someone: target an organisation, individual or celebrity that you think needs to know about DLD or DLD Awareness
SHARE THE RADLD FILMS!
- Developmental Language Disorder: The Consensus Explained: bit.ly/DLDconsensusfilm
- DLD 1-2-3 film: This is the award winning film from our DLD Awareness Day in 2017
- You can share previous RADLD films too! Select your favourite from www.youtube.com/RADLD
I look forward to a great Term 4!