Our school has signed up to this amazing resource so it is FREE for you as a parent of Fremantle Language Development Centre to use.
If you need or have misplaced your ParentTV school code please contact the office by phone: 9312 4850 or via email: Fremantle.LDC@education.wa.edu.au
This weeks highlights include:
In this video, Holly-ann Martin, Managing Director of Safe4Kids and child abuse prevention educator, talks about the importance of teaching children consent and allowing them autonomy over their bodies.
Have you got an eight-year-old in your home?
Are they delightful? Dramatic? Disobedient?
All of the above?
At around the age of eight, children go through some big developmental changes in the brain department, and you’ll see this exhibit in some interesting ways.
Sport Carnival Postponed – New date – Tuesday 21 September
Dear Parents and Beeliar Community,
Unfortunately due to the inclement weather on Thursday we have decided to reschedule the Sports Carnival to Tuesday 21 September.
We apologise for any inconvenience and hope that you are able to join us for this event. We look forward to a great day of sportsmanship and sunshine.
Mrs O Donovan
Principal, Beeliar Primary School
Sports Carnival Information
This year’s Sporst Carnival will take place Tuesday 21 September. It will start at 8.50am and conclude at 3pm. The LDC bus will still leave at 2.50pm. All parents, guardians, relatives and friends are encouraged to come along and support the children on this day.
Please note the following procedures for the carnival:
Children should wear their faction (coloured) T shirts with school uniform bottom, hat and running shoes. Please no school dresses.
Children should bring the following:
- Plenty of water to drink (water, not fizzy drinks or sports drinks)
- Recess and some snacks (no chewing gum or lollies please)
- Lunch (Children can sit with their family to have lunch)
- Please apply sun protection cream before school. Children may wear coloured zinc to school, but are not to bring any with them.
- Hat – with name clearly written on it
- School bag – to keep belongings in
- Streamers/teddies etc. dressed in faction colours
- Good sportsmanship towards team mates and other factions
- NO COLOURED HAIR SPRAY – children may put it on at home, but should not bring any to school
- Any belongings brought to the carnival should be clearly marked with your child’s name.
Points to note:
- Parents may not enter the faction bays.
- All students will remain in faction bays for recess.
- All students will gather in faction bays prior to the start of lunch at 12.00pm.
- Pre-Primary students will return to their class after lunch.
- Lunchtime is for approximately 25 minutes. Students may have lunch with their families.
- All students must be signed out by an LDC teacher if leaving before 2.45pm.
- Please remember to practice physical distancing by allowing 1.5 metres between family groups.
Thank you for your support.
Pancake Day will be held at recess on Monday 20th September.
Crazy Socks Day
Congratulations Lucille!! 2021 Telethon Kid
Dear Parents and Carers,
We are very proud of our Year 3 Superstar Lucille Antipas. Lucille has been selected as one of two Telethon Kids for 2021. She is a bit of a celebrity and will have lots of important events and fundraising activities to be a part of. Lucille was in the newspaper – and in case you missed it the photos are attached to this notice.
We have started a fundraising page (please see the attached link) – and will give some more information about some events that will occur over the next couple of weeks shortly. If you would like to donate some money for Telethon this year you are able to do this through the school portal and Lucille will be involved in the handover of all funds raised. It is obviously a very worthy cause every year – but it is even more special this year for Beeliar PS to have Lucille as such an important part of the event!
Deputy Principal, Beeliar Primary School