Here are some are some reminders of important forthcoming events in the next fortnight:
This year’s Athletics Carnival will take place on Friday 20th September. It will start at 8.50am and conclude at 3pm. The LDC bus will still leave at 2.50pm. All parents, guardians, relatives and friends are encouraged to come along and support the children on this day.
Please note the following procedures for the carnival:
Children should wear faction (coloured) T shirts with school uniform bottom, hats and running shoes.
Children should bring the following:
- Plenty of water to drink (water, not fizzy drinks or sports drinks)
- Some snacks (no chewing gum or lollies)
- Lunch (unless they have ordered a sausage sizzle)
- Please apply sun protection cream before school. Children may wear coloured zinc to school, but are not to bring any with them.
- Hat – with name clearly written on it
- Rain-jacket if necessary
- School bag – to keep belongings in
- Streamers/teddies etc dressed in faction colours
- Good sportsmanship toward team mates and other factions
- No coloured hair spray cans please – children may put it on at home, but should not bring any to school
- Any belongings brought to the carnival should be clearly marked with your child’s name.
Points to note:
- All students will remain in faction bays for recess.
- All students will gather in faction bays prior to the start of lunch at 12.00pm.
- Faction teachers will distribute the sausage sizzle orders in the faction bays.
- Pre-Primary students will return to their class after lunch.
- Lunchtime is for approximately 25 minutes. Students may have lunch with their families
- Parents may not enter the faction bays.
- All students must be signed out by an LDC teacher if leaving before 2.45pm.
The children have been busy practising the events this term and are looking forward to a great day. A program of events should be coming home shortly.
On Monday 23rd September, TA18 and TA22 will be hosting the assembly and presenting their item. We would love all families and friends to come along to the undercover area at 2.00pm.
On Tuesday 24th September, TA18 and TA22 will go to Spare Parts Puppet Theatre in Fremantle for their excursion. Please note that students must wear their school uniform and not their faction T-Shirt.
On Wednesday 25th September, TA18 and TA22 will have an incursion provided by Spare Parts Puppet Theatre.
As Term 3 draws to a close, we would like to wish all families a happy and safe holiday break and thank you again for your continued support of our programs. There is no school development day at the start of Term 4. Staff and students start back on Monday 14th October 2019.