On Friday 16th August, the children in Banksia 1, 2 and 3 spent time in the Life Education van and met Harold the Giraffe! These sessions focus on empowering students to make healthy lifestyle choices in line with the Western Australian Curriculum.
The Pre-Primary and Year One children participated in the ‘My Body Matters’ module and spoke about:
- the importance of personal hygiene,
- choosing foods for a healthy, balanced diet,
- benefits of physical activity and sleep,
- ways to keep safe at home, school and in the community.
The Year Two and Three students worked through the ‘Ready, Steady, Go’ module, incorporating:
- the benefits of physical activity,
- safety strategies in different environments,
- how our body reacts to new situations,
- what our body needs to be healthy, including nutritious diet, water and sleep.
What a lot of fun!