Dear Parents and Caregivers
Welcome back to Term 3. I hope you all managed to have a restful school break. It was wonderful to see our students return yesterday so happy and engaged in their learning.
Staff School Development Day
Our staff have started off their term with a full day of informative and practical professional learning on Monday. Our focus areas included:
- Oral Language and Curriculum Integration
- Explicit synthetic phonics review of practice
- Enhancing teacher expertise through evidence informed professional learning
I would like to thank all the staff for their dedication to their continued professional learning to provide the best teaching and learning for our students.
School Planning Day
Our next School Development Day is scheduled for Monday 30th November (Term 4). Please put this date in your diaries, as this is a pupil free day. This is a day that we have set aside for all of our staff to review 2020 in line with our Business Plan, and develop our school improvement and Business Plan for 2021.
Due to the WA Government maintaining the Phase 4 of COVID-19 restrictions, we move into Term 3 with some changes. You will hear more soon about assemblies, incursions, excursions, sports carnivals etc. returning as the term progresses. I’m sure the children are very excited about these things returning to normal.
Due to the need for physical distancing of 2m² and good hygiene practices being required for the foreseeable future, unfortunately some practices will remain in place. Based on sizes of our host schools and numbers of students the following will continue to be in place until further notice.
- If you would like to meet with your child’s teacher, please continue to make an appointment with them.
- All parents from all sites are able to pick their child up at the classroom.
- Willagee site parents are able to drop off their children at the classroom if desired.
- Beeliar and Bull Creek site parents are requested to continue to drop their child off at the designated drop-off areas (same as in Term 2, e.g. gates).
Please let us know if you need further clarification on anything.
We are looking forward to a wonderful Term 3.