Welcome back to term 4. I hope you all had a lovely school break. It was lovely to see the students return on Monday and share their holiday adventures.
This busy term will start with Placement Committee meeting to go through the referrals for 2021. This process will be finalised over the next few weeks. Our Year 3s will also be preparing to exit back to their mainstream school for year 4. Parents will be involved in exit case conferences over the next couple of weeks.
Our School Improvement Team, school staff and school board will continue their work on setting our improvement agenda for the next few years and develop our new Business Plan 2021-2023.
Later on in the term, we will be having assemblies to congratulate the students who will be leaving us to go to mainstream next year. Due to COVID-19 restrictions this may look a bit different from previous years. More information will come as it becomes available.
DLD Awareness Day
Friday 16th of October is a day aimed at raising awareness internationally for Developmental Language Disorder (DLD). Raising Awareness of Developmental Language Disorder (RADLD) is an international organisation helping to increase awareness of this hidden, but common condition. This year’s campaign is ‘DLD – See Me’ and families, teachers, speech pathologists and other professionals are joining to make DLD visible to the world, because no one should feel invisible. This is a big part of the reason for our schools’ existence, so we encourage you to spread the word.
Below, are some of the ways that you can get involved on social media to support the campaign!
WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS CAN I USE?
- Like on Facebook @radld.page or www.facebook.com/radld.page
- Follow on Twitter @RADLDcam or www.twitter.com/radldcam
- Follow on TikTok @RADLDCam
- Subscribe to us on YouTube or www.youtube.com/RADLD
- Post your own views and tweet about your own experiences of DLD
USING TWITTER HASHTAGS AND @ – IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
- Use #devlangdis all year around to discuss DLD
- Use #DLDSeeMe to promote DLD Awareness Day and your activities
- Add to your tweets @someone: target an organisation, individual or celebrity that you think needs to know about DLD or DLD Awareness
SHARE THE RADLD FILMS!
- Developmental Language Disorder: The Consensus Explained: bit.ly/DLDconsensusfilm
- DLD 1-2-3 film: This is the award winning film from our DLD Awareness Day in 2017.
- You can share previous RADLD films too! Select your favourite from www.youtube.com/RADLD
I look forward to a great Term 4!