What is Responsibility?
Being responsible means others can trust you to do things with excellence. You accept accountability for your actions. When you make a mistake, you offer amends instead of excuses. Responsibility is the ability to respond ably and to make smart choices.
Why Practice It?
People who practice responsibility tend to be better problem solvers. No problem gets solved until someone takes ownership of it.
You are practicing responsibility when you:
- Take your agreements seriously,
Respond ably by doing things to the best of your ability,
- Are willing to do your part,
- Admit mistakes without making excuses,
- Are ready and willing to clear up misunderstandings, and
- Give your best to whatever you do.
I am responsible. I give my best to all that I do and keep my agreements. I learn from my mistakes. I am willing to make amends.