Our aim is to be a school of excellence that is innovative and builds expertise and leadership to ensure best outcomes for students with developmental language disorder.
At the Fremantle Language Development Centre we aim to:
- provide specialist language intervention to promote individual students to maximize their learning potential
- provide planning and programming that is founded on best evidence based practices
- encourage each student to develop critical thinking and strong interpersonal skills for their successful participation in society
- value, develop and maintain positive collaborative partnerships with networks, schools and all members of the Fremantle LDC and wider school communities
- provide a learning environment that is diverse and inclusive and aims to build the capacity for all schools to achieve this outcome
- celebrate cultural differences and respect the individuality of all members of the school community
- integrate ICT across the curriculum and throughout all service delivery to support and facilitate learning in the 21st Century
- provide ongoing outreach support to students, families, schools & networks
- encourage and promote innovation and research through collaborative partnerships
- to provide innovative, programs and professional learning to enhance knowledge and understanding of speech and language difficulties
- provide an equitable support service to meet the needs of all students with speech and language difficulties
- to promote a safe and positive environment for all members of the school, parents and wider community.
The Fremantle Language Development Centre believes that all members of a school community have the right and responsibility to demonstrate:
- respect for self, others and their environment
- care and courtesy for all
- courage and determination to face the challenges they may meet.