Welcome to Term One of 2021! It was a bit of an unusual start to the year but we are all very excited about finally meeting our students face to face and particularly getting to know the students who have just joined us this year.
The speech pathologists are currently in the process of completing oral language assessments alongside the teachers, and this will help to guide classroom instruction and intervention in the latter half of the term.
This year, we have had a few changes to the speech pathology team. We were very sad to say good-bye to James Wilson at the very end of last year, but we are excited to welcome Elly Busby and Nicole Chambers in his place. The speech pathology team for 2021 is as follows:
- Elly Busby – 4 days a week working at the Willagee and Beeliar Sites
- Nicole Chambers – 1 day a week working at the Willagee site
- Jasmyn Hall – 5 days a week working at the Bull Creek and Willagee Sites
- Mikayla Orzanski – 3 days a week working at the Willagee Site
- Sarah Ferdinand – 2 half days a week at the Willagee Site
- Megan Griffiths – full time at the Willagee and Beeliar Sites
We will be running some parent workshop in week 5. We will be talking about Developmental Language Disorders and the difference between oral language and speech. We also look forward to explaining a bit more about how oral language is supported with in the school and how you can help at home. Everyone is invited to the session but they will be particularly aimed at our parents of children who are new to the school. A flyer should have come home with your child earlier in the week, please see a copy below. If you are interested in attending please make sure you have returned the RSVP slip to your child’s teacher or entered the form below by tomorrow.
The Fremantle LDC Speech Pathology Team