Our rescheduled Athletics Carnival is due to take place tomorrow! Please refer to the program below for estimated timing of events.
We are very pleased to announce the Traffic Warden State Management Unit has appointed a Traffic Warden to control our crossing on Winnacott Street in Willagee. Please see the following details in relation to the service:
Monday, Wednesday – Friday
- Operation AM Start 7:50am
- Operation AM Finish 8:50am
- Operation PM Start 2:45pm
- Operation PM Finish 3:45pm
Variation Day – Tuesday
- Operation PM Start 2:20pm
- Operation PM Finish 3:20pm
Parents, children and community members using the crossing should ensure they do the following when using the crossing:
- All pedestrians will be instructed by the Traffic Warden to wait until the warden gives two short blasts of their whistle before crossing. The Traffic Warden will ensure that all traffic has stopped or are clearly stopping before doing so
- Where possible the Traffic Warden will try and group a number of pedestrians together before the traffic warden begins to cross them. This helps the traffic/pedestrian flow to work in unity with one another. Otherwise traffic jams can become a problem
- The Traffic Warden will stand for the greater part on the side of the road opposite the school in the morning and on the school’s side in the afternoon. This allows them to have greater control of the pedestrians.
In the unlikely event the Traffic Warden is not available and Caralee Community School receives enough notice, we will notify parents via an SMS notice if the crossing is unattended.
I would like to thank the Caralee CS P&C, School Board, survey volunteers and in particular Caralee School Board Chair Amanda Buisman for her tireless efforts in navigating City of Melville and State Government hurdles as the project progressed. This is a great result for the safety of our children and families in Willagee.
Vivienne Doig | Principal
Please be advised that the Caralee DTC will be closed on Monday 4th , Tuesday 5th and Friday 8th October during the school holidays.
In an emergency on those days the Attadale DTC will be open ( 8.00am – 4.00pm ) and can be contacted on Ph: 9330 5876.
Dear Willagee LDC Community,
I regret to advise that we have to postpone the FLDC/CCS Sports carnival tomorrow due to the forecast of rain. In making this decision, we have considered:
- Bureau of Meteorology forecast of 100% chance of rain (morning and afternoon) – see image below
- OH&S advice – safety of students competing in potentially slippery conditions
- Caralee P&C – time required to cancel canteen food orders, coffee van etc.
We understand many parents book leave to attend this special event and we regret the inconvenience this may cause.
The CCS/FLDC Athletics Carnival will now be held on Thursday 23/09/21.
Canteen – Special carnival orders will be held over until 23/09/21. Families who wish to do a normal canteen order for Thursday 09/09/21 can do so via Quickcliq.
Thank you for your understanding.